Tuesday, October 26, 2004

After 23 years of living, I finally realized that we don't always get what we want or desire. Not in our life, in our career, our relationships, in our love. We dreamt of having a life where everything is just so perfect that nothing can bring you down except death. But I now realized that we can always dream, we can always hope, but we can't depend on it. We can't have high hopes, we can't be too optimistic. Maybe we dream of a great career, we might not get it. We dream of a great love story which will end happily ever after, we might not get it. We dream of wonderful happiness, but we might get devastating sadness.

So, does it mean we shouldn't dream? no dreaming, hoping, will keep us going through life trying.

I used to dream of being a successful person...and I still dream of it. I am successful, and I want to be more successful, so I hope, I dream, I keep on trying. I used to dream of being romanced into a wonderful, sweet love story. But I fell in love with a guy who might just make me happy even without romancing :)I dream of being thin...and still trying that is eheheheh...

So, people can tell me to not have high hopes. Don't be so optimistic. But if these are the things that will keep me up and trying harder, then so be it. I will keep hoping. I will keep dreaming. I will be optimistic. And so be it...

No comments: